Redefining science seems to become a common mission among scientists. Hence they are speaking up about taboos and misconceptions they are facing daily.
However, we can change this by changing our mindset. Because of several taboos on science and scientists, we tend to not understand or disagree with science.
Yet science is not to suit anyone’s views or benefits, rather provide solutions to the major challenges we are facing.
Therefore by redefining science to society, we are demolishing obstacles for scientists to work and reach further into their potentials.
Redefining science by changing misconceptions
Science was about satisfying our curiosity at first. Now is about making our lives better and solve problems like climate change.
There are five taboos that are very common in our society about:
- What is science: what exactly is each scientific field
- Who is in science: how a scientist should look
- How we do science: how research occurs
- Where we do science: is science only for labs
- Why we do science: why we need science in our lives